Thursday, July 23, 2009
Matt, my friend, a persistent ally.
Matt and my friendship is an odd beast. I think most people would look at Matt and I and suspect us of genuinely disliking each other, and I wouldn't discredit that opinion, BUT: Every few months, when the stars align just right, we sit down and really talk everything out. I think on those nights when everything plays out perfectly, Matt and I are perfect compliments to each other. We keep each other grounded. Just when I think I've lost all my traditional allies, there Matt is again. Too many people are confused by human nature, myself being caught in that trap quite a few too many times, but then we're there again, just two historians, watching others' lives play out, realizing the futility, taking amazing pleasure in ideas too abhorrently simplistic to even expand upon in such a forum. I've taken a look at my options, analyzed my perspective on life. I've selectively dipped my toes in many an ideological lake, attempted to take the best from each experience while also retaining the importance of reality. All you can do is smile, learn your lessons, never take anything too seriously, and realize you can never fight who you've become, you can only fight who you wish you were.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment