Monday, January 5, 2009

My Uncle Died.

RIP Uncle Billy, 
I didn't know my uncle very well, and upon first hearing of his death, I wasn't too rattled. I guess that's how I always react to death. As the night has progressed, I've realized how weird it is to have a family member move on, regardless of how close to the person you were or not. I remember my uncle as being a very caring person, despite the now meaningless drama he inflicted on my mother's side of the family. My heart is heavy. I'm at the brink of tears at the loss of a man I hardly knew, but knowing that his wife is now alone, and his son is now fatherless has taken its toll. Sigh, I learned how to climb trees in your yard, learned how to fish on your deck, and learned how turtles die in your sink. Love. Sleep now, reminisce later.

No comments: