Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Newest My Chemical Romance album title, "I'm only working out to look good for my funeral"

Depending on which of my friends you ask, and depending on their level of intoxication, you could get the impression that I've either had a really hard life, or a really easy one.  Being completely honest though, I've rarely had a weak moment where I've sat and uttered the words, "my life has been horrible" or "man, my life has been really great", I've always just fought the battle on a day-to-day basis.  

I'm reading a new book, Flat, Hot, and Crowded by Thomas Friedman.  Part of his introduction explains America's growing new mentality of being " as dumb as we want to be".  I've honestly never felt ashamed of the fact that I never intend on finishing college until today.  I know I'm the type of person who's expected to make a difference at some point.  Whether that expectation comes from my own soul, or the souls of the people who are closest to me, it's an expectation I intend to fulfill.  "Dumb as we want to be", agh, that really gets to me.  I don't believe college is necessary for everyone, I certainly don't think it's the right decision for me personally.  Yet, here I sit, feeling obligated to finish school, to fulfill some societal requirement, some imaginary checkbox,a little Nike swoosh through a perfect square, sure to remain unchecked for years to come.  

I finally figured out a good idea for my first "book".  I'll see if I have the strength to carry it to fruition, I'm not sure I could commit social suicide and leave my friends and family though.  Maybe it's worth it.  Then again, The Grove, and Third Street Promenade would be leaving people behind too.


btw, 2 photos on Tom's blog in one day have reinforced my dying desire to get back on my weight-loss regime.  Tom's stupid blog(kidding, love iamcup) and an un-nameable but amazingly good friend are my two main motivators in losing this last 60 pounds or so.  


I've smiled more in the last 5 months than I thought I would in a lifetime.  Thanks boo.

1 comment:

jennylk said...

I'm smiling because your indents are always the correct length.